Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2012 00:39:59 +0100
From:      "Herbert J. Skuhra" <hskuhra@eumx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i3 maintainer for FreeBSD

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 21:39:49 -0000
sib@tormail.org wrote:

> Hello list.
> =

> I'm an i3 user on FreeBSD, and really love the WM. I think we need a =
new
> maintainer for the port(1) in FreeBSD, though, because current one do=
esn't
> ever update it and ignores my mails. 4.4 has been out a little while,=
 but
> we only have 4.2. I'd like to follow the latest versions. Can anyone
> volunteer to become the new maintainer? Sorry for my english.

Have you made any attempt to build i3-4.3 and i3-4.4 yourself? =

The file DEPENDS in i3 release >=3D 4.3  lists:

pango       =E2=94=82 1.30.0 | 1.30.0 =E2=94=82 http://www.pango.org/  =
              =

cairo       =E2=94=82 1.12.2 =E2=94=82 1.12.2 =E2=94=82 http://cairogra=
phics.org/

There is only pango 1.28.4 and cairo 1.10.2 in ports.

So, there is obviously a good reason why the port hasn't been updated
yet!?

-- =

Herbert