Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 19:34:18 +0200
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vmware2: logical Fat partitions

Hello,

I installed Vmware2 which runs on a virtual disk.
Now I'd like to access the physical disk containing logical Fat
partitions.
The primary master is the virtual disk on which I boot.
I configured the primary slave as a raw disk /dev/hda.
After powering on I get:

Failed to open disk /dev/hda: Device not configured.
Failed to configure ide0:1.

In /usr/compat/linux/dev I have:

brw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel    0, 0x00010002 Apr  9 23:16 hda

In /etc/rc.conf I have:

linux_enable="YES"

What else is missing?
Is it possible to access logical partitions an the physical disk by
Vmware2?

-Hanspeter