Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:07:19 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        darryl@osborne-ind.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What version of Freebsd to run

Hi,

it seems your question got lost in nirvana.

Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> Just received my Dell PowerEdge SC 1435.  Going to
> be a webserver for me.  What version of Freebsd should
> I run on this box ?  I want rock solid stability.

If stability is your main concern, you will have to stick with 6.3.

7.0 will be available very soon but it might be not as stable as 6.3
already is.

As you want to run just a webserver, I would still suggest to install
the currently available version of 7.0 and upgrade it then to the
release version when available.

The other option would be to install 6.3 now and stick with it until 7.1
becomes available.

Erich