Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:25:17 -0500
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@cableone.net>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone seen this book???

Annelise,

Well I bought your book, and at the time did have some Linux experence
behind me. I do have to say that I found your book informative, and it
gave me enough FBSD specific information that I had a usable system up
and running in a couple of hours. Granted with the Linux experence some
things may have made sence to me that would have confused a total newbie
to UNIX, but I didn't notice anything.

While I will most likely not buy any revisions of the book, get most of
my info from other sources now. I will without hesitation give you a
good deal of credit for me getting FBSD up and running, and usable for
the first time. It is the first book I would recommend to anyone wanting
to try FBSD for the first time, total newbie, or current Linux user. I
think it's a good book.

Lute