Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 07:52:17 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        "Michael Solan" <solan@ffnet.com>, <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: dummynet as modules

Michael,

I hope I am not barking up the wrong tree here, but my understanding is that
ipfw selects packets to forward to dummynet.  This would make it illogical
(and hence probably impossible) to run dummynet without having ipfw running
correctly.

The man page for 'dummynet' says:
     In its current implementation, packet selection is done with the ipfw
     program, by means of ``pipe'' rules.

I think you will have to go about this the hard way.....

Regards,
Patrick O'Reilly
---
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." --
Galileo Galilei