Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:13:59 +0100
From:      Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to depend on wxWidgets?

--=-DVbcqryIoQStAmXnhjsf

Hi,

I am writing a port which depends on wxWidgets. The existence of wx is
detected automatically by configure, but I need to know it in advance so
I can adjust the pkg-plist for it.

Currently I'm doing this:

.if defined(WITH_WXPLAYER) || exists(${X11BASE}/bin/wx-config)
LIB_DEPENDS+=3D	wx_gtk2-2.4.0:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/wxgtk2
PLIST_SUB+=3D	WXPLAYER=3D
.else
PLIST_SUB+=3D	WXPLAYER=3D"@comment "
.endif

WITH_WXPLAYER is set via OPTIONS.

But I think wx-config can be installed by multiple variants of
wxWidgets, and I don't want the user to install wxgtk2 if he has already
installed another wx-xxx port.
Are there any "best practices" for doing this?

Regards,
Andreas

--=20

--=-DVbcqryIoQStAmXnhjsf