Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:30:51 -0400
From:      NetAdmin <daemon@foxchat.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make.conf question

--=-uA2QELUdtUFZm7conCqc

    I have a P4 2.4G Intel proc on an Asus P4S533 motherboard running
FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p17.  /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh is showing
"Release" now and not "RC1" so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm trying
to figure out what are the best/appropriate flags to use in
/etc/make.conf  I "had" the following;

CPUTYPE=3Dp4
CFLAGS=3D -O -pipe
CXXFLAGS+=3D -fmemoize-lookups -fsave-memoized

but after running "make buildworld" it crashed on the (-fmemoize-lookups
-fsave-memoized) flags so I commented them and I'm rerunning make
buildworld (stupid me, I didn't copy the error when it failed).  So far
there have been no errors.

How does one know what flags to use in /etc/make.conf?  I thought I
"had" the right ones.

Regards,

Mark

--=20
NetAdmin for the FoxChat.Net IRC Network.
The FoxSurfer Group

--=-uA2QELUdtUFZm7conCqc

--=-uA2QELUdtUFZm7conCqc--