Date:      Wed, 7 May 1997 07:04:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i386/3353

Probably you can close this as bde fixed it shortly after I reported it.
At first I thought I'd really broken something in my local bits :)

bde         97/04/20 04:44:33

  Modified:    sys/i386/include  endian.h
  Log:
  Fixed linting of and compilation of the gcc byte-swapping macros
  properly.  Simply don't use the gcc macros if we're not gcc, and
  declare prototypes for the byte-swapping functions in case the
  macro versions are not used.  The previous fix was wrong and broke
  libpcap, which abuses -Dlint.

  Don't pollute the namespace if _POSIX_SOURCE is defined.  This is
  broken - it makes almost everything in <machine/endian.h> inaccessible
  if _POSIX_SOURCE is defined, yet <machine/endian.h> is not a POSIX
  header.  Other systems don't do it any better.

  Removed always-false `BYTE_ORDER == BIG_ENDIAN' ifdef.
  Obtained from:        partly from Lite(2?) and NetBSD

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.15      +12 -15    src/sys/i386/include/endian.h