Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:55:20 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        phoemix@harmless.hu
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hypervisor ( was Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ? )

>  - Lack of proper support for a decent hypervisor for virtualisation.
>    We can't make a hypervisor out of freebsd, if there are no such
>    virtualisations available like XEN, kvm or something similar, that
>    just works out of the box.

What do you need that VirtualBox doesn't provide ? I used to bemoan the
lack of a hypervisor too, but vince VBox arrived in FreeBSD I have had
no complaints. I use it to run Windows instances both as desktop
clients and also servers, and it works beautifully. Combined with
a ZVOL underneath (and hence all the delights of ZFS snapshots) it';s
a great solution.

-pete.