Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:40:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/31932: A small bug in "make update". cvsup binary not found.

The following reply was made to PR conf/31932; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.freebsd.org>
To: usov@ukr.net
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: conf/31932: A small bug in "make update". cvsup binary not
 found.
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:36:31 +0900

 usov> -SUP?=          cvsup
 usov> +SUP?=          /usr/local/bin/cvsup

 If it works, your PATH environment variable apparantly doesn't have
 '/usr/local/bin'.  We may respect ${LOCALBASE} in ports makefiles, but
 "setting up $PATH before make update" is more simple solution.

 Would you please try following commands:

 	cd /usr/src
 	env PATH=/sbin:/bin:usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin make update

 If it works for you, you don't need to modify Makefile.  Set your PATH
 will help you.

 BTW, what's your (root's) shell?  /root/.cshrc and /root/.profile does
 contain /usr/local/bin in PATH definition.  I wonder why your shell
 does NOT include /usr/local/bin...

 -- -
 Makoto `MAR' Matsushita