Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:38:39 +0100
From:      Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hellmuth-michaelis.de>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: beaglebone boot from eMMC

Further investigation shows, if i dd the local image from /dev/mmcsd0 or =
a fresh image from remote to /dev/mmcsd1 i get sooner or later=20

GEOM_PART: integrity check failed (mmcsd1, MBR)
GEOM_PART: integrity check failed (diskid/DISK-5F817AAF, MBR)

on the serial console. Is the internal SD broken ?

I got similar messages when i used the copy script and during probing =
while start of the kernel.

hellmuth
--=20
Hellmuth Michaelis
Hallstra=C3=9Fe 20
25462 Rellingen

Mobil:   +49-160-96455696
Telefon: +49-4101-85299-20
Telefax: +49-4101-85299-21

web: www.hellmuth-michaelis.de
mail: hm@hellmuth-michaelis.de

> Am 11.03.2015 um 08:31 schrieb Emmanuel Vadot <elbarto@bocal.org>:
>=20
> If you have all  C it means that the SoC can't find the MLO or that =
the MLO can't find u-boot.img I don't remember which one.
<hm@hellmuth-michaelis.de> wrote:
>>=20
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> i=E2=80=99m running a recent current on a beaglebone black and i=E2=80=99=
m using crochet to build stuff. I=E2=80=99ve seen the copy to eMMC =
script in root and tried that. After running it, i checked the MSDOS and =
UFS partitions and it seems they are OK. But, after removing the SD card =
and trying to boot from the internal eMMC i just see =E2=80=9EC=E2=80=9C=E2=
=80=99s coming out slowly of the serial console, nothing else is =
happening. Putting in the SD card and all runs well again.