Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 1995 15:28:20 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@netcraft.co.uk>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        paul@FreeBSD.org, current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libforms - thumbs up or down?

> As Paul Richards wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, OK. Clear bit rot taken place I think. I've removed libdialog
> > from the example and it now compiles and runs. Not a very interesting example
> > really but it works now.
>
> Hmm, okay, now (including the changes of your last commit) it seems to
> work.
>
> Odd points: the frame is drawn as "qxl" characters on an xterm, and

Doesn't on mine. Umm, what are "qxl" characters. This is probably something
to do with your setup. libforms just uses ncurses and ncurses decides
what a ACS_VLINE etc actually is for a particular terminal.

> going up with the arrow keys from the QUIT field leaves a "Ca" on the
> bottom line (from a previous "Can't go up from this field" message).

Looks like a bug. I don't see much point in carrying on with fixing little
things like this since this thread started because people want to yank
it. I only wanted to fix a few little things to make it actually run so
those who were interested could see what the basic idea behind it was.

I'll come back to libforms sometime soon since it's actually very
close to being finished now that I look at it again but it'll
probably not be as part of the FreeBSD project.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)