Date:      Sat, 02 Dec 2000 16:23:51 +1100
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        Nicole <nicole@unixgirl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: client firewall with 2 ethernet ports

Nicole wrote:

>  Greetings
>  I have what is perhaps a silly question, but I am unsure what the best way is
> to setup client level firewall rules in rc.firewall when the server has 2
> ethernet ports.
>  one port is used as the connection the the network.
>  The second port is used as a 192.168 type of network providing a secure
> backend connection between servers for NFS and the like.
>
>  How do I setup rules that apply to one port and not the other?
>  Would I use a modified form of the simple rules?
>
>   Any clues appreciated!
>
>   Thanks!
>
>    Nicole

Hiya,
You can use the "via interface" command...
Eg. deny ip from any to any via dc0

that will block out going and incoming on that interface, to
only stop one you can use "in via interface" or "out via interface",
you can also replace via with recv or xmit... but that confuses me
and dose the same thing anyway..

Hope this is of some help :)
Kal.