Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:58:59 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, sales@omt.com
Subject:   Re: Regard to phone call about FreeBSD drivers

> Hi,
>  Spoke briefly with Dr. Redi . Basically, I am going to meet him tomorrow
>  and just chat a bit more. I have dealt with OmniMedia in the past .
>  Briefly, cause I am still at wor, does anyone have any cool ideas
>  for next generation audio/video hardware -- desired codecs,
>  telephony support, full duplex audio. etc,...

Mark said almost everything on procedural issues (i.e. the need for
documentation, etc.). I suppose that it would be great to have one PCI
board which supports both video capture _and_ full duplex audio,
possibly with some (programmable) intelligence onboard to help in
compression/decompression tasks...

	Cheers
	Luigi