Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 1996 21:07:21 +0200 (CETDST)
From:      Martin Heller <mheller@student.uni-kl.de>
To:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@sarnoff.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: coda questions

On Fri, 31 May 1996, Ron G. Minnich wrote:

> what degree of threading does it have?
> thread per remote computer
> enough threads to support demand
> thread per exported object

> and again, are tehse user-level threads (seems so).
> Reason for asking: depending on how much threading, rfork() may do the job.

It seems that they're CMU LWP's and if I've got it right they've done
some changes to the normal CMU-Mach kernel . They also used their
LWP thingies so it won't compile on my FreeBSD hosted  MACH4 with
Lites1.u3 (missing headers (LWP.h)) .
There are also some strange things in their sources (#ifdef __LINUX__)
which are probably a hint that it could/was? ported to LINUX.
I think you should ask Darren Davis  from  Novell about the thread
problems and which ones are needed or rfork() would do it because
he was struck with the threads problem as well and he mailed that
NOVELL is somehow interested in  Coda . I have only taken a short look
at the sources .