Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:38:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        olli@secnetix.de, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, otterr@telocity.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.7 available this weekend

As I recall, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2001, at 10:31, Oliver Fromme wrote:
>
>> Otter <otterr@telocity.com> wrote:
>>> Since the 2.2.x branch isn't on the -RELEASE ftp mirrors anymore,
>>> and as a favor to someone looking for 2.2.x, I've put up a copy of
>>> my old 2.2.7 CD from Cheapbytes.  It isn't a fast site (only 256k
>>> upstream), but it's good for anyone doing an FTP install.
>>
>> FWIW, I keep a collection of old releases at
>> ftp7.de.freebsd.org, including 2.2.8-RELEASE.

This machine I'm typing on is running 2.2.8-STABLE.  It CVSups the
whole repository daily, and I do a "cvs update /usr/src" every so
often, followed by the usual "make world" and kernel builds.

I've been toying with learning how to generate a release for a
while.  Anyone want to talk me through it?  I could generate CDs or
ISO images in pretty much any combination then.

Or, is there some subset of binaries and stuff someone would like
straight off this machine?

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com