Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:28:06 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Randall Stewart <rrs@cisco.com>
Subject:   Re: Tools looking for a home :-)

--nextPart3679349.24MurFhT3D

On Monday 06 November 2006 15:49, Randall Stewart wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I would like opinions... and or advice on where
> to place things..
>
> I have some SCTP test tools.. I know there is
> a /usr/src/tools directory.... should I just
> make an sctp/ directory under that.. and then
> place some of the test-tools in there? Or have
> folks got a place for IP transport test utilities?

Speaking of tools, is there a patch to teach netstat "-sp sctp"?  The=20
exported stats seem very elaborated, so maybe a bit of filtering is in=20
order.

Other than that, tools/tools/sctp seems right to me.  Depending on the=20
individual programs, of course.

> I also have a "libsctp.a" that will need to go
> somewhere under /usr/src/lib .. I would imagine.. its
> not big.. its just 1 file... that builds the additional
> "extended" sockets stuff in draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-13.txt
> The lib could easily go in its own lib.. (like I do now on
> my local machine) OR it could probably fit in some other
> lib... what do you recommend??

KAME used to have it as libsctp, afaik.  Is your's compatible with that? =20
If so we should probably keep it as libsctp.  OTHO, it feels like it=20
belongs into libc eventually.

> Also I have several manual pages that I have written for
> a couple of the syscalls... I am not the best author.. so
> they are still pretty rough.. but they are better than nothing :-)
> I imagine these go under /usr/src/share/man ... possibly man2
> or man3.. but where I should put them... and maybe a volunteer
> to help review them and make them less rough would be nice??
>

> Pointers/advice/rocks/comments would be appreciated :-)

=2D-=20