Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:03:31 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.4 - Bootable CD?

Hi All,

Forgive me if the topic above has already come up - I've not been on the list
for a while, and yes - I did try searching the archives, but they seem a bit
out of date? (either that, or bootable CD's have only been mentioned a couple
of times, and the most recent being October '98?).

We've just got our 3.4 CD's, and our trust LPR netservers refuse to boot
them... They look at the disk during POST, and then ignore it and continue to
boot from the hard drive / floppy drive etc.

I've checked the BIOS - and it says CD, followed by floppy, followed by
'flexible' disk.

Putting a 3.3 CD in the same machine, and resetting it - shows it boots the
3.3 CD fine...

Any one else noticed this? (And I am putting the CD in nice and early, and it
is the right 'bootable' disk, i.e. #1 <g>)

-Karl