Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 11:22:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James Robinson <james@hermes.cybernetics.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   "who" datagram port

Why would my named be trying to contact a non-named running machine at
it's 'who' port tenaciously, getting an ICMP port unreachable each
time [ok -- I know why it would get the port unreachable, I'm just
curious as to why he's been driven to query].

James, whose ppp line never hangs up due to this periodic query.

James Robinson <URL http://hermes.cybernetics.net/>; wholly endorses:
FreeBSD | Zappa | Tull | Albermarle Ale | XFree86 | Seagull acoustic guitars |
                     <URL http://www.freebsd.org/>;
Quotes du Jour: "Little man, I give the watch to you." | "Hail Ants"