Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:45:12 -0500
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wordperfect

Hi,
i had wordperfect running great in 3.2.
i upgraded to 3.3 and when I tried to start WP I would get this message.

  Please Wait .ELF binary type not known.  Use "brandelf" to brand it.
Abort trap

I deinstalled it and then reinstalled it but on make install of the port I
get the same message.
When it starts the install it says it cannot use the graphical interface and
then tries to proceed with a text install, but the above line about brandelf
keeps repeating inself.

The installation says it is completed but WP will not start up because there
is no xwp in the directory.
So obviously the installation was not complete.

Could anyone give me a hand?

Thanks
Rick

--