Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:29:25 -0800
From:      Vijo Cherian <vijo@clickarray.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        mhsu@clickarray.com
Subject:   kobj, makedevops.pl etc.

hi,

 I have some questions... but most of them may be prerry lame because I am new
to FreeBSD.

 I am running 5.0 and I have a driver for a card which was written for 4.1.
The driver uses bus_if.h, device_if.h and pci_if.h and these files are generated
by makedevops.pl. The driver is written as a module and is loaded using kldload.
But loading fails because BUS_READ_IVAR and friends are not available.
Using makeobjops.pl works. My questions are
   1. Is this the right way?
   2. When did kobj find place in the kernel? (which release)
        (that is what makeobjops.pl does,right?)
   3. If all that I did is wrong, what is the right way?
   4. Can you point me to a driver that can be loaded as kld?

waiting to see how the community treats a new  convert ;-)

--
vijo