Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 07:24:54 -0500
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Direction of FreeBsd

Hi,

I have used multiple Linux distributions and am getting tired of
the differences in them and trying to decide which is the best.
I like freebsd because there is just one version and one set of
developers. My question is where is freebsd going in its
development?

Linux is obviously shooting towards a more user friendly desktop.
They are certainly getting support from the big names.

Will freebsd be moving towards a more user friendly installation and
user friendly desktop?

If all these companies like corel start developing apps for linux, will
they be usable on freebsd?

I like freebsd but I do not wnat to put a big investment in it and be left
out in the cold so to speak.

If anyone has any comments or opinions I would be happy to here them.

Bye the way. I have a zip tape I have used in linux with its file system on it.
Any way to read this in freebsd?

Thanks

Rick

--