Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:10:08 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Geoff Sloan <sabre@slash.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yamaha YMH0020 Sound Card installation?

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 03:54:39PM -0600, Geoff Sloan wrote:
> Hey,
> I just bought the FreeBSD 3.3 discs and am having some trouble installing
> the audio server/driver for the Yamaha.  The device is detected at bootup
> after "Probing for PnP devices" flies by but searching through the
> website, I couldn't find a straightforward installation guideline.
>
> I know that I have to add something to the kernel and do a custom install,
> however I don't know exactly what it is I need to add.
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...I need my MP3s. <g>

I don't know if this will help, but I have a Yamaha OPL-SA2 based card
(no-name) and I have to add

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 port1 0x530 port2 0x388 port3 0x370
pnp 1 0 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
quit

to /boot/boot.conf

Try doing ``boot -c'' and entering this info (you need to do it as 2
lines as it's >80 chars and the boot config editor inserts a LF at the
end of the screen line - at least it did in 3.1-R). Note that the
``1'' and ``0'' immediately after ``pnp'' may need changing on your
system.

Other than this I can't really help you.

> -Geoff

	"there's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
	that allows you to install Windows too"
				   -Matthew D. Fuller