Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 19:14:35 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        james@nexis.net, jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCR 53c875 support broken in 2.2.1.

On Apr 16, Satoshi Asami <asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Are you sure that's an Atlas I?  I seem to remember the Quantam Grand
> Prix used to have problems with NCR's.  They are both 7200RPM drives,
> and have very similar model numbers (4GB versions: Atlas "34300", GP
> "34301")....

While I would not buy a Grand-Prix myself, the driver
does in fact support it for some two years, already.

The problem was reported by Christoph Kukulies. He
agreed to test patches on his system (a requirement,
if somebody wants to have his particul hardware
supported, that I have no access to, otherwise :)
and the first patch I sent fixed the problem ...

Regards, STefan