Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 1995 01:55:00 -0500
From:      Temptation <temp@temptation.interlog.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject:   Hi

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.0-950210-SNAP.
Machine Zenith Data Systems Z-Server Ex.
I have Onboard 274x(T) Onboard IDE(disabled) Onboard Video
EISA D-link 400 and Cheap NE2000 network card
Toshiba 1.2 gig and Seagate 1.gig (drive 0 and 1 )
Toshiba has a 15meg Dos and 500 Novell4.1 part. And I have Extended
Translation off, The Novell and Dos don't need it.
Everything works great untill I get to the DISKLABEL part.
I make the rest of the Drive 4.2BSD, 577megs
Edit A and make it 500megs
Edit B and make it 77megs (swap)
Assign A...... Type 4.2BSD newfs /
Assign B...... Type swap   swap  swap
Press W to write it, System locks. No drive lights, Nothing. bottom of
screen says Label written successfully.
I've tried this with just the Toshiba. tried it with just the Seagate.
Tried it with Extended translation on. It's not the hardware, or cables,
I just installed Linux on this machine, No problems. And the Linux driver
was based on Justin's driver. Anyone have a clue as you why this
happening? I've had this problem with older versions of FreeBSD that I
tried also.
I should point out that if I
Assign A.... then (W)rite, and then assign B (W)rite, it works, then I
can Quit, and contunie.