Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:17:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Fleck <david.fleck@mchsi.com>
To:        "Volf, Frank" <Frank.Volf@atosorigin.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Statically linked opensshd

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Volf, Frank wrote:
> I'm trying to statically link opensshd (from the portable openssh port)
> on a FreeBSD 4.9 system, but apparently it fails statically linking
> libpam.
[snip gcc chatter]
[snip linker complaints]

I'm using an old 4.6.2 system, so this may be of limited value to you, but
for what it's worth... on my system libpam.a does not define these symbols
either.  It looks like I would have to include the following libs (at
least - I may have missed some):

libopie.a
libradius.a
libskey.a
libtacplus.a

to get the undefined symbols in libpam.a.  (There are also lib*_p.a
versions of each of these - I don't know what the difference between them
is.)

Hope that helps somewhat.

--
David Fleck