Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:21:38 -0800
From:      "Michael W. Collette" <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Bind in a sandbox how-to

Just this evening I was attempting to run through the steps presented in the
handbook for configuring Bind to run in a sandbox.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/dns.html

Was going along pretty good until I got to the following steps in the
procedure.

# cd /usr/src/libexec/named-xfer && make NOSHARED=yes all
# cp named-xfer /etc/namedb/bin && chmod 555 /etc/namedb/bin/named-xfer

The compile appears to crunch away without error, but I don't see anything in
the directory except for the Makefile.  It never creates a file called
"named-xfer" anywhere that I can see.

I then tried updating my sources with cvs.  Went through and did a make clean
on all the previous steps, and remade that stuff.  Got back to the same
point, same problem.

Is the procedure flawed?  Did I miss a step along the line someplace?

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."