Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:17:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        ben@volvox.mayn.de (Benjamin Kunz)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD ISDN Support?

From the keyboard of Benjamin Kunz:

> is there anybody actually using i4b with the OpenBSD 2.6 Kernel?

I've got mail from Rob Pickering with patches for 0.90 with
OpenBSD 2.6, in case you want them, i can forward them to you.

> I cant believe noone wants it.

I also couldn't believe it, but it seems like it is so.

> I'd like to contribute to the development,
> but im not familiar with the OpenBSD Kernel. Im quite good at c
> programming, though.
> The problem is that my Home Server is the only box with an ISDN Card i
> have...
> Someone please contact me. 8)

You are very welcome to contribute to i4b. In the past, more than 3 or
4 times people popped up expressing interest in working on i4b for
OpenBSD and everytime i invested time to get them started, answering
questions and helped understanding the code.

All those people disappeared silently without a trace.

Two times i did a port to OpenBSD myself, without any feedback from any
user.

At least two times i asked on the OpenBSD mailinglist for someone
interested in maintaining the OpenBSD port of i4b. The result was
equal to zero both times.

I will not invest any more time in an OpenBSD port of i4b and i am
seriously considering removing the rotten OpenBSD bits from i4b in
case noone shows interest in them.

This is in no way an offense, just a description of the current
situation.

To repeat, you are more than welcome to work on this, but please
understand that i will not invest more time into this unless i see
some results.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77