Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 10:36:57 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        A boy and his worm gear <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: proposed change to chpass(1)

<<On Wed, 9 Aug 1995 18:34:46 -0400 (EDT), A boy and his worm gear <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu> said:

> Okay: apparently I read the man page, but I didn't really _read_ the
> man page. I suppose I asked for that. :)

> How about this then:

[deleted]

> This should still let the superuser use the -a flag while preventing
> things from getting confused when NIS is enabled.

> Am I getting warmer?

Well, what I would do is simply set a flag in main() saying ``we are
adding an entry to the database'', and then obey it later on.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.