Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:35:28 -0700
From:      Conrad Minshall <conrad@apple.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where is the spec for rpc.lockd

At 4:10 AM -0700 4/23/99, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>is there anything to base rpc.lockd and the mechanism for NFS locking on?
>
>Anyone have any URLs or literature to recommend?

The reference I always see given for the nfs lock manager protocol is a
1991 document from X/Open (now Open Group).  The title is "X/Open CAE
Specification: Protocols for X/Open Internetworking: XNFS" and you can view
and/or buy it at http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/catalog/c702.htm

--
Conrad Minshall ... conrad@apple.com ... 408 974-2749
Apple Computer ... Mac OS X Core Operating Systems ... Filesystems & Kernel