Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:41:47 +1030
From:      "Nathan Johncock" <nathan@bridgeonline.com.au>
To:        "Tim McCullagh" <timbo@halenet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPOE and radius

Yes, I have FreeBSD pppoed talking to another FreeBSD Radiator box.
I don't however have a private network between the two boxes.
Is your Radiator being used successfully for anything else? ( eg dialup
access )
Is it to do with the dual IP's on the radiator server and the
client/secrets?
I used this site to help me setup the pppoe server end
http://www.hpi.net/whitepapers/warta/
Here is my Radiator users file default setting for dynamic IP address login.

DEFAULT     Auth-Type = Accept
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

Hope this helps
Nathan