Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 08:56:26 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        jessemonroy@email.com, jessem@livecam.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [jkh@osd.bsdi.com: ANNOUNCE: Status update on ftp.freebsd.org A KA ftp.freesoftware.com]

Well, given that it's you I'm speaking with, I think we can just
settle for the Aliens explanation and leave it at that.  In the real
world, shit happens and people do their best to deal with it, often
with inadequate information and a lack of alternative resources.

I suppose I could also ascribe your own failure to ever come up with a
QIC tape driver or a floppy driver (despite months of "newsletters"
and apparent effort) as a coverup or major incompetence in action, but
that would be another case of reading too much into a sitution where
simple human frailty was a more than adequate explanation.

If you wish to turn SVBUG into your own personal pulpit for conspiracy
theories and other wild-ass politicking then you're also free to do
so, but SVBUG should not then be surprised if the rest of us avoid it
like the plague.  I've already made our position plain and this is the
last communication we need to have on the matter since I can easily
see that we're going squarely down the path of serious
non-productivity with this whole exchange.  I also don't see where the
-hackers mailing list needs to be involved since this has NOTHING to
do with FreeBSD hacking.  Have a nice day.

- Jordan