Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:09:50 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pcmcia adapter for CompactFlash cards and FreeBSD ?

Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:

> In a case like this, you might create a new entry:
>
> card "CL ATA FLASH CARD LEXAR  " "TIDALWV"
> 	config	0x1 "ata" ?
>
> This might still fail because of irq conflicts.  You can specify a
> particular irq in place of the ?, for example 9 in this case:
>
> card "CL ATA FLASH CARD LEXAR  " "TIDALWV"
> 	config	0x1 "ata" 9

     One minor nit: if the above still doesn't work (unlikely), you
might also have to change the config number, e.g.:

card "CL ATA FLASH CARD LEXAR  " "TIDALWV"
	config 0x2 "ata" ?

If "0x2" doesn't work, try "0x0" (I'm not sure this is legal, though).

     Oh, wait -- I've got an entry for a Lexar 16MB card.  Here it is
(this is for FreeBSD 4.1, though):

# Lexar ata flash
card "CL ATA FLASH CARD LEXAR  " "TIDALWV"
	config	0x1 "ata2" ?
	insert	logger -t pccard:$device -s Lexar ata FLASH inserted
	remove	logger -t pccard:$device -s Lexar ata FLASH removed

In case anyone's interested, here are a couple more entries for CF
cards (I'm still using 4.1, and so these may already be present in
-stable or -current):

# Simple Technology ata flash (64MB)
card "STI" "Flash 5.0"
	config	0x1 "ata2" ? iosize 16
	insert	logger -t pccard:$device -s Simple Technology ata FLASH inserted
	remove	logger -t pccard:$device -s Simple Technology ata FLASH removed

# Simple Technology ata 16MB flash
card "CF" "016MB"
	config	0x1 "ata2" ? iosize 16
	insert	logger -t pccard:$device -s Compact Flash Card 16MB inserted
	remove	logger -t pccard:$device -s Compact Flash Card 16MB removed

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com