Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 1995 22:20:46 -0600
From:      dungan@utdallas.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Install Problems

Hello,

I bought the FreeBSD 2.0 CDROM from Walnut Creek, and I'm having
some trouble installing it.

I followed the instructions in the "INSTALL" file, and reached
the menu "Please specify a distribution to load".  From there
I successfully install "bindist", "games", "manpages", "proflibs",
and "dict".  I then tried to install "xfree86-3.1".

However, I get the error message:

"Checksum error detected on XFree86-3.1-fonts-non-english.tar.gz!"

Then after the computer seems to hang for several (15) minutes.
Then I get the menu "Checksum error(s) found. Please check media!"

I checked the CDROM, it seems okay.

Does this mean the CDROM is bad?

Is there anything else that could be wrong?

P. S. What are the steps the install software componets (for example
XFree86-3.1) without reinstalling the entire operating system?

Thank you very much for any information you can provide!)

Thanks Alot,
Andy Dungan

dungan@utdallas.edu