Date:      Wed, 04 Jan 95 10:35:39 -0500
From:      knight@zko.dec.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        knight@zko.dec.com
Subject:   Soundcard discussion

With the considerable discussion about soundcard support over the last couple
of days, I decided to try the sound support for my MV PAS-16 card under 2.0R.

I found, as has been stated by various folks, that the card could not be
used without running the MV mvsound.sys driver to initialize the card from
MS-DOS before attempting to boot FreeBSD.

Has anyone gotten the card to initialize from FreeBSD? If so, how? The need
to boot MS-DOS before booting FreeBSD seems, to be polite, somewhat less than
useful.

----
Dave Knight			knight@ka1dt.mv.com (home)
				knight@caboom.zko.dec.com (work)