Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2014 23:46:08 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@mail.turbofuzz.com>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what's the updated command(s) to build a toolchain for r-pi!

On Jul 25, 2014, at 11:37 PM, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org> =
wrote:

> Why do you need the xdev toolchain for building world? Just make =
buildworld TARGET=3Darm TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv6 will do the trick.

Sorry, I was being a bit too vague there I see.  I either use crochet =
(or the non-crochet tools, since crochet is broken for me right now) to =
create bootable .img=92s that I can then simply copy to an SD / CF card =
and boot on the rpi or, as a distinct second choice, I use the rpi to =
self-host its updating process by building on it.   You=92re right (and =
it hadn=92t really occurred to me) that I could also just do the =
buildworld / buildkernel on an intel box and then mount /usr/obj and do =
the installworld / installkernel on the rpi.   It=92s still no =
substitute for crochet in creating entire new images, but certainly =
better than nothing, and I guess I could always update the image =
in-place and then copy it back the other way for cloning purposes.

Hmmm.  Thanks for the suggestion. :)  That will save me some time.

- Jordan