Date:      Tue, 17 May 2005 00:27:53 +0400
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Donatas <donatas@lrtc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: flood with ng_bridge

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 11:22:38PM +0300, Donatas wrote:
D> > D> 3. Monitorring traffic with mrtg on ngethxxx and hatm0 interfaces we can se interesting output amplitude fluctations:
D> > D> ftp://temp:temp@217.9.241.242/hatm0.png
D> > D> seems that origin of those fluctations is ng_bridge.
D>
D> > What is the timescale? How long one peak/pit lasts in time? I doubt that this
D> > is related to ng_bridge.
D> crontab:
D> ### Regular MRTG monitoring
D> 0,10,20,30,40,50        *       *       *       *       root    /usr/local/etc/mrtg/exec_mrtg.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

No-no. The question was: what is the scale of time axis? How long does one
peak last?

D> we have ng_bridge, (bridged: fxp0, ngeth(1-xxx), hatm0)
D>
D> ngethxxx are linked with hatm0 in the following way:
D> hatm0<->atmllc<->ng_vlan<->ng_eiface<->

Can you please show the script you use to build graph?

D> we've tried tens of variuos configurations on determining the couse of those fluctuations. They seems to be not only in ng_bridge but in kernel.bridge as well. We've tried to change all 3 parameters in ng_bridge and still - those parameters doesn't seems to affect fluctuations.

Have you doublechecked that fluctuation aren't caused just by the source of
traffic? For example some host runs periodic job...

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE