Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:07:27 +0100
From:      Michal Bartkowiak <mailing@digital.nonspace.net>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   encrypting root partition with geli

Hello,

I know that geli is well suited for encrypting root partition (with -b
option) but I don't get how to exactly achive this, because befeore
initialization there is filesystem present and this partition is filled
with data.. can I simply use init argument on it?
Or should I create additional partition, copy all files from / to this
new one, initialize it and after rebooting delete old? I'll be really
happy if someone could give me some hints or even detailed solution.

My second question is about /boot directory - both unencrypted on usb
device and encrypted from root partiotion should be exactly the same?

And finally how to encrypt more than one partiotion with the same
passphrase assuming that one of them is root partiotion and I want all
of them to be mounted at boot time (so passphrase should be entered
just once)?

Thanks for all suggestions and replies,
Michal Bartkowiak