Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 17:10:55 -0400
From:      Omar Thameen <omar@clifford.inch.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setting up a secure webserver service

How do most companies (like webfarms) handle setting up clients with
secure web servers?  We'd like to offer one level of service where they
use our key (for say, secure.ourdomain.com).  What's not clear is how
the different client accounts are handled on the secure server.

Do generic solutions like this usually offer cgi-bin access for the
client's transaction software (if so, how?), or do you provide a default
set of scripts for everyone to use?

How is access to their data normally handled, via a secure http connection
with a password-protected directory?  Or is it via custom scripts?

Thanks for any tips,
Omar