Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2011 20:37:20 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dennis Glatting <freebsd@penx.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd incident with ZFS and an Aerca 1880i

I have a Aerca 1880i plugged into a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 running RELENG_8
with a 10 2TB RAIDz pool with a OCZ Revo L2Arc and a SSD ZIL, among other
volumes. The last scrub indicated there was an error with the pool and
today I finally got around to cleaning things up.

During the scrub I initiated today, a running "zpool status" displayed a
message that said I should clear the pool, which I did, while the scrub
was running, which probably wasn't such a good idea. The result was my
disks through the Aerca disappeared. On a power switch reboot the Aerca no
longer displayed its boot-time messages and it appears the Aerca's
firmware is kaput.

Specifically, during the boot sequence the following:

"arcmsr0: timed out waiting for firmware ready"
"arcmsr0: wait 'get adapter firmware miscellaneous data' timeout"