Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 2015 13:18:36 +0000
From:      John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: asus chromebook C201P arm7

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 10:01:36AM +0100, Ronald Klop wrote:

>I don't know, but does this help?

Hi,

Bits of it do, but that page is from a year or so ago and freebsd-arm
is a fast moving target. Also it seems highly specific to that
particular samsung chromebook whereas this is an acer c201p.

Basically what I *think* I need to do is this:

1. cross-compile arm7 on another machine
2. install to a usb stick
3. boot the chromebook from that stick in order to test to make sure
everything works.

then decide whether to install or not. I think the article you linked
to might be old, for example the bit about wifi, whereas I beleive
this one has atheros wifi chip so it *should* work.
--
John