Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 19:21:39 -0700
From:      Doug Wellington <ddw@NSMA.Arizona.EDU>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with 36GB SCSI drives...

Previously:
>Er, don't just wave dead chickens around.  Examine your actual
>configuration and *check* it.

Heehee, I like that, dead chickens...  I'm getting INTIMATELY acquanted
with the entire actual configuration.  I have unplugged and replugged
everything at least once.  I'm not sure I trust the cables, so I'm going to
try to find some different ones.  (Any suggestions for where and/or brand?)
In the meantime, I have unplugged one of the drives and I'll plug it in with
the internal cable to see what happens.  (These users keep getting in my way
and making me do other things around here!)

>I forgot to ask about the CDROM; is this an IDE or SCSI CDROM?

IDE.  I'm thinking about getting an IDE drive to boot from.  I'm not sure
what that will gain me, as I even tried to configure everything with the
internal 4GB on one of the adaptecs and an external case with three of the
36GB drives attached to the other adaptec.  (Same result...)

>Boot on a system that doesn't have a broken BIOS and write zeroes over
>the first part of the disk.

Got any spare systems?  ;-)  (Actually, I'll bring in my box from home...)

Thanks again,
-Doug

--
Doug Wellington                         System and Network Administrator
ddw@nsma.arizona.edu          The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA