Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:12:00 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to maintain a manual download in a download restricted port?

--------------enigDA183559D1DE08580B9FA7C7

Hello.

I deal with an "in spe" port, which does provide the source tarball from
the website via a PHP interface - so, no automatic fetch() seems to be
possible.

To provide the port in due time, I'd like to ask the people here how to
manage in the port's "Makefile" to refer the user to download manually
the sources, place them in ${DISTDIR} and restart installation.

I tried to have my eyes on some ports like java/jdk16, but, to be
honest, the Makefile is not very convenient for my fast eyes to read and
it seems there are many workarounds which are not necessary for a simple
port.

Maybe one of you is willing to answer me. Is there an elegant, BSDish
way to provide the message and stop doing the automatic fetch? I
couldn't find something in the "Porter's Handbook", but sometimes I'm
blind ;-) If there is a statement on that subject in the handbook,
please do not hesitate to refer to the section.

Thanks in advance,

Oliver