Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:58:53 -0400
From:      "Abel Alejandro" <aalejandro@icenetworks.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Does the IBSS creation works?

I have a laptop that I wanna use as a base station.
Every client who is near me can get internet access.

On my laptop I am running RELENG_4 as 1 week ago.
On the manual pages of the wicontrol for the
-c flag it says:

    Note: this option is provided for experimental purposes
only: abling the creation of an IBSS on a host system
doesn't appear o actually work.

Does this mean I can do what I want or not?
I ask because I followed the intructions on this page
http://www.live.com/wireless/unix-base-station.html
and I couldnt it working, and I got the 8.x firmware
on my orinoco's. Beforing messing more with
my wireless stuff I just wanted to make sure
FreeBSD supports this.

Abel.