Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 22:50:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Antti-Pekka Liedes <apl@mail.cs.hut.fi>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcm fails to attach in -current

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Antti-Pekka Liedes wrote:

> The pcm-driver in -current fails to attach to my Soundblaster 32.  The last
> kernel where the pcm-driver works was build on Sep 18th, I haven't changed
> my kernel config since, but in all later kernels the pcm-driver hasn't
> worked.

I'm using the same soundcard, and two things prevented me from getting the
pcm driver to work.  First off you need to set the flags to 0x1n, where
n is your secondary dma channel.  Secondly, try removing the pnp
controller line from your kernel configuration file, I've noticed the pnp
driver in -current seems to "attach" incorrectly (to pcm1 none the less),
ignoring the secondary dma channel, giving everything fits.  Also, make
sure you're using the correct dsp device (pnp attaches to dsp1, pcm trys
dsp0).

- alex