Date:       Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:14:04 -0400
From:      Martin Aherron <martin@cybernetics.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ISP driver questions

Matthew I assume these questions are for you.

1) Is there an easy way to set the debug level that the ISP driver uses at
board
   initialization time?

2) This following is not a complaint but curiosity. Any clues as to why the
     following code is needed?

	case XPT_GET_TRAN_SETTINGS:
		cts = &ccb->cts;
		tgt = cts->ccb_h.target_id;
		CAMLOCK_2_ISPLOCK(isp);
		if (IS_FC(isp)) {
			/*
			 * a lot of normal SCSI things don't make sense.
			 */
			cts->flags = CCB_TRANS_TAG_ENB | CCB_TRANS_DISC_ENB;
			cts->valid = CCB_TRANS_DISC_VALID | CCB_TRANS_TQ_VALID;
			/*

    I don't have a problem with doing what it takes to make things work.

    For me seeing a tape drive report that it can do tagged queueing is
like 	fingernails on a chalkboard - but I will get over it :)

Thanks.