Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:47:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, mb@imp.ch, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PATCH: wchar_t is already defined in libstd++

"David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 10:57:32PM +0200, Martin Blapp wrote:
> > On current, wchar_t is already defined in libstd++. This
> > makes gcc baby cry.
>
> libstd++ should use our _BSD_WCAHR_T_ definitions, not its guesses at
> what we use.  Willing to make a patch to fix the libstdc++ headers?

 Uh...

 In standard C++, wchar_t is a keyword.  So, there should be
 no definition of wchar_t at all.  I think this is the problem.
 (You can't typedef a predefined keyword.)

 (Now - the compiler should certainly have the very same
 idea of what a wchar_t is.. the same idea as the C typedef,
 but that's a gcc configuration problem.)

	- Dave Rivers -

--
rivers@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com