Date:      Sun, 24 May 1998 23:23:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Marco A. Barbosa S." <mbarbosa@fciencias.ens.uabc.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   wierd video card (maybe a bit new...)

hello people,

I went to read some stuff on the www site, and on the ftp site...
and I could not find info about 2.2.6-RELEASE supporting a wierd
video card named... Diamond Stealth II (S220), 4MB SGRAM...
chipset verite 2100  or something...

a friend is going to try to install X on  his machine, and he is
kinda worried about the system not supporting his device...

is there a driver for that thing? or do you know if it is kinda
backwards compatible with a model in the driver list and which
one is it... ? before he brings his machine and we start to
try the Diamond card driver family for a close match...

thanks

P.D. I copied the ftp site at ftp.freebsd.org for the 2.2.6-RELEASE
     thingie... and the only thing I left out were.. the packages
     and the xperimnt directories... I noticed an update directory...
     is there where any erratas and fixes for 2.2.6 will be uploaded?

	anyone on the side of Baja or sonora is welcome to
    install the 2.2.6-RELEASE from 148.231.177.8 with an anonymous
    login, anyone who is not there... will probably take longer than
    1 hour to download 1 MB of info during normal weekdays... :(