Date:      Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:30:12 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@spigot.cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ypserv update

Ok... I have just finished the first step in a rewrite of the hash routines
for berkleydb (read-only at this point), and I have ypserv compiled using
them.  So far so good :).  And ypserv uses a _lot_ less CPU resources now.
(I have totally removed all of the buffer management code in berkley db, and
I am using mmap() exclusively.  Still to be done is to impliment R_CURSOR
type, that will improve ypserv's performance quite a bit in environments
like ours.).  If all goes well (no bugs found), I will put this up on my
website in source-only form tonight.  Maybe be added to ports tonight too.

I am eagerly looking for helpers to complete the hash rewrite, and then
the rest of berkley DB as well.  File format information would be very
usefull, the stuff that is included with BDB is lacking.

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Lab Director                              | Rm: 308 Lally Hall