Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 23:36:19 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>, oliver.fromme@heim3.tu-clausthal.de (Oliver Fromme), multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new cd-da player

I'v read 3 or 4 tracks from a CD using tosha, without any problems
at all.  I'm running a few day old 3.0-current, and my CDROM drive
is

cd0 at scbus0 target 3 lun 0
cd0: <TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-3601TA 0725> type 5 removable SCSI 2
cd0: CD-ROM
cd0: 4.0 MB/s (250 ns, offset 8)

which is on a

ncr0 <ncr 53c825 wide scsi> rev 2 int a irq 15 on pci0:20:0

In particular, it's able to read audio tracks off this drive which
cdd was unable to.  The cdd program would begin to read the data,
and the go into this infinite retry loop (in the application, not
the driver).

louie